Carpet Water Damage

Walsh's Chem-Dry is available 24/7 for all water damage restoration projects. Our Emergency Response Team is industry trained and certified in all aspects of water damage restoration. Each of our senior technicians is IICRC Certified with classroom and hands on training to better serve the restoration needs of our customers.

Each project is fully documented for the submission of insurance claims if submitted for reimbursement. Our company has had extensive experience with most insurance companies and will provide detailed information regarding your loss. We realize this is a traumatic experience for most customers and our trained professionals will fully explain each and every process before the work begins.

A Quick Response Prevents Health & Property Damage

If left untreated, water can pose a serious threat to furnishings, walls, floors and ceilings. Because water damage problems can't wait, we offer fast response to water damage emergencies.

Flooded House
  • IICRC Certified in Water Damage Restoration.
  • Expertise in water damage best practices.
  • No hassle, one-stop shopping.
  • Work with your insurance company directly.
  • Large inventory of state-of-the-art extraction and drying equipment.

IICRC Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration Certification

Institute of Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration CertificationUtilize our IICRC certified Water Damage Professionals to help you recover after any type of water emergency: flood, plumbing problems, leaks, after fire clean-up, etc. We act fast to extract water from your floors, increasing the chances of salvaging your carpets and rugs, and decreasing or eliminating any health concerns. Once the water is removed and the carpets are dry, we'll deep-clean them to remove any bacteria, dirt, and residue, ensuring you and your family are fully safe & recovered.

Emergency 24/7 Flood Water Removal & Extraction

Water Damage?Knee Deep in Water?

Call (408) 978-9220 to reach our urgent water restoration team for immediate dispatch! We're available for urgent response due to emergency flood water extraction & drying. Get the Water Out Now!

Do you have Mold Issues?

To rid themselves of the toxic mold that savaged their lives, they burned their home down!

The July 9, 2001 copy of People Magazine reports this bizarre story about an infestation of Stachybotrys, more commonly known as “black mold”, in a home in Auburn, California. This particular mold is part of a family of molds that produce airborne toxins called mycotoxins. It is now believed that the problem originated with faulty pipes under the house. Sewage was spewed beneath the home creating an ideal breeding ground for bacteria and black mold. The mold, growing unchecked, reached such monumental proportions that treatment choice was to burn the home to the ground complete with all contents. The health of family members living in the home during this contamination had been severely affected. While this situation may seem like something right out of The X-Files, other equally horrifying stories of “black mold” have recently been reported. The media tends to treat such a reporting with sensationalism, but “black mold” is very real...and situations such as described in People Magazine do indeed exist. It behooves each of us to learn about the dangers of mold infestation, the necessity for quick drying and antimicrobial treatment in the case of water spills (toilet overflows, washing machine overflows, leaking pipes, etc.), and to recognize health risks of exposure.

As reported by the EPA’s Indoor Environments Division, the symptoms of common mold exposure often resemble symptoms of other conditions such as asthma or hay fever. A 1999 Mayo Clinic study pegged nearly all chronic sinus infections to mold. The Centers For Disease Control reports minor reactions include nasal congestion, eye irritation, and wheezing. Other reported symptoms of mold related illness include nosebleeds, extreme fatigue, severe headaches, dizziness, rashes, bleeding in the lungs, and neurological disorders. Even hearing loss and memory loss have been attributed to mold exposure. Common molds, in low concentrations, are probably relatively harmless except in the case of sensitive persons but dangerous molds, such as “black mold”, pack a serious health threat. “Black mold” feeds on items with high cellulose content, i.e., drywall, carpet backing, and other organic materials. Mold growth is not always visible to the naked eye as might be the case with drywall, linoleum backing, and carpet backing. Other than actual “gray” water overflow from a toilet or washing machine, moisture source can be as simple as air conditioner condensation, improperly installed windows, and even normal building humidity in more recently constructed, more air tight buildings.

Should you experience water spillage in your home (from any source) it is advisable to contact a professional experienced in assessing situations of this nature and who can act quickly to dry out the building material affected. A typical household fan will circulate air but will do little to dry out a water spillage problem. A commercial dehumidifier and powerful air movers are required in order to dry out an affected area in a timely manner. Fix leaky pipes, improperly “seated” toilets, and any other source of moisture which can cause mold colonies to establish themselves. Most important is to stop the source of contamination.

If you suspect mold, give us a call at (408) 978-9220 right away and we'll get someone out to inspect.

Information excerpted from People Magazine (July 9, 2001) and USA Weekend online @ www.usaweekend.com