Pet Urine & Odor Removal
Are You Desperate to Get Rid of the Smell of Pet Urine?
If your pet has urinated on your carpet, or flooring you know how difficult it is to get rid of the vile and embarrassing odor. The trouble is, most chemicals designed to treat pet urine mask the smell for a while, then the odor returns.
Don’t worry an odor free home is still possible. Chem-Dry has developed a unique system which will permanently remove the smell of pet urine from your carpets and flooring.
Why It's Impossible to Remove Pet Urine Odor Using Traditional Cleaning Methods
As you know, pets habitually soil the same area of flooring. And this can cause huge problems because the urine penetrates far deeper than your carpet. It can seep through the carpet fibers, affecting the carpet backing, the padding, the floor, and even the sub floor beneath. No wonder it’s so difficult to get rid of the smell.
And cleaning your carpet the traditional way makes the odor worse. This is because the urine crystals become more concentrated as the carpet dries.
Why the Chem-Dry P.U.R.T System WorksIt’s a Permanent Solution, Not a Band Aid
P.U.R.T destroys urine crystals in your carpet instead of just masking the smell.
We extract the water after cleaning, to remove the bulk of the urine crystals from your carpet.
If The Odor Goes Beyond Your Carpet We Can Remove It
If the carpet pad is urine damaged we can replace it.
If necessary, we can apply an odor block to the sub floor.
So, as you can see, if you’re desperate to eliminate pet odors, traditional carpet cleaning makes no sense at all.
Why put up with the smell and embarrassment for another minute, when we can get rid of it permanently?
The Smell is Coming from the Carpet, Pad and Sub Floor!
During the process of our cleaning, we will need to determine the amount of urine in the carpet, the age, condition and replacement cost of carpeting so we can compare your options, and see how much are specialized pet urine removal treatment can save you.
We will ask you questions like what type of animal how many pets you have and what gender they are, how long since the first urine accident, why they are urinating in these spots, how old the carpet is and what if any prior treatments have been performed.
Locating the Urine
Here are the typical steps we take to locate and measure the extent of the urine:
- Nose - first tool is old-fashioned, but it works. We literally get down on the carpet and sniff.
- Moisture Meter - this tool can detect the moisture that the salts and crystals from urine will absorb and hold in the form of humidity. It can also penetrate the backing of the carpet to give us a reading in the pad.
- Black Light - urine deposits glow under the black light.
- Sight - some changes in color of your carpet are due to urine. Pulling the carpet away from the wall in order to expose the pad and floor is often useful, but costly.
Facts About Urine and Your Carpet
- As soon as a pet urinates on the carpet the warm, acidic liquid immediately becomes a breeding ground for bacteria.
- The acidic urine begins to oxidize on the carpet fibers, creating a color change which is often permanent.
- The urine spreads and gravitates down into the pad and sub-floor. It is important to determine where it has spread.
- Once the urine begins to dry, the moisture evaporates and microscopic salts and crystals are formed. These salts and crystals remain in your carpet, pad and floor.
- The crystals and salts react to the humidity in the air. Any humidity level changes cause the crystals and salts to give off a heavier urine smell. This often occurs in the summer when it is humid and in the winter when the household heat is on.
- Urine smells last for years in carpet. In order to eliminate the odor the crystal and salt deposits must be permanently deactivated.
- Male animals urinate around perimeters and females urinate in open areas.
- Animals are creatures of habit and return to the same areas.
- Determining the total amount of urine in the carpet is critical in order to ensure our procedure is effective.
Remove Pet Urine, Stains & Odor Now!
Your pet is your best friend...but not your carpet or upholstery's. Get rid of those embarrassing urine odors once & for all. Call (408) 978-9220 now to get P.U.R.T.® and get your home smelling fresh and clean again. Thankfully, that means more guests visiting you again!